Re: [ANN] ox-pandoc, revived

From: Alex Fenton
Subject: Re: [ANN] ox-pandoc, revived
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 15:27:16 +0100

On 30/11/2021 15:09, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

Did pandoc get support for org-cite?

There's been basically zero activity on this issue I created awhile back:

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/7329

AFAIK pandoc still doesn't support the official Org Mode syntax.

ox-pandoc relies on the fact that it first exports to an intermediate org file before handing off to pandoc. SRC blocks and citations are already resolved by the time pandoc is called.

If exporting with oc-natbib or oc-biblatex, citations are replaced by LaTeX commands, which pandoc passes through to the compiler. If exporting with oc-csl, citations and bibliographies are "just" formatted text by the time pandoc sees it.

I may add an oc-pandoc to massage org citations into pandoc format if there is a need to have citations be resolved by pandoc rather than Org Mode.

best
alex