Re: Is M-j broken for you in Org on Emacs 27 and 28?

From: Morgan Willcock
Subject: Re: Is M-j broken for you in Org on Emacs 27 and 28?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 17:16:06 +0000

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> Based on your report of having org 9.3, my suspicion is that your org
> version is too old for the current Emacs versions (since the change in
> 2019 to use default-indent-new-line for C-M-j and M-j. I don't think
> this is a bug in current Org or Emacs.

Just for reference, I see the same problem on Emacs 27.2 using the
default and latest versions of Org-mode.

i.e.

 - using `emacs -Q` the Org version is listed as 9.4.4 and I see error

 - running emacs normally the Org version is listed as 9.5.1 and I see
   the error

> The other possibility is that you have a broken "mixed" installation of
> org. This can easily occur if org is upgraded when it has already been
> loaded into the Emacs instance when the upgrade is performed.

I upgraded the package using `emacs -Q` and I only use GNU ELPA as a
package source. I think that in my case the package installation was
clean.

Thanks,
Morgan