frustrations

From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke
Subject: frustrations
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 13:21:40 +0100

Hi all,

after happily using straight for quite a while I am currently frustrated by a
couple of problems.

In a different thread I asked about exporting citations, which does not
work for me at all.

Today I discovered that pamparam does not work anymore with an error
message mentioned here:
https://github.com/nobiot/org-transclusion/issues/105

Even to get to this error, as pamparam didn't start at all, I had to
manually fix something in worf.el
https://github.com/leotaku/worf/commit/38e901d3888e3a245a5cba14a061bffa1c5fd20b

If I understand correctly, straight uses the bleeding of packages from
github. Maybe this is not what I want. Maybe in the past I just was
lucky not to hit a bug or an incompatible change.

There are some more issues. Startup time of my emacs is more than 30
seconds even after optimizing something with esup. I have 10.000+ files
in my org-roam and fear that I hit some limitation either of org-roam or
my hardware.

How do you configure your emacs using current versions like org 9.5 but
at the same time avoiding problems with incompatible packages or newly
introduced bugs?

In a few days I'll get a new computer and I have serious doubt whether
to copy my settings.org to the new one, because there are too many
problems in the last couple of weeks.

Any hints?
TIA
juh