Re: Orgdown: negative feedback & attempt of a root-cause analysis

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Orgdown: negative feedback & attempt of a root-cause analysis
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 06:50:00 +0000

On Wednesday,  1 Dec 2021 at 22:17, M. ‘quintus’ Gülker wrote:
> There is Git, of course, but unless you are a programmer, using Git is
> pretty much arcane. I was not yet successful to explain Git to MS Word
> users, who are actually happy with the change tracking tooling Word
> has built in. Though that might be more of a topic for the
> emacs-humanities mailing list rather than this list.

It's more widespread than that; in engineering, almost all (but not
all!) of my colleagues do the same and it's difficult to get them to
listen about the advantages of proper version control.

> Am Dienstag, dem 30. November 2021 schrieb Karl Voit:
>> People do not seem to realize what it took to get there - which is
>> partly understandingly because I had to learn by doing what it takes
>> to get the idea into a coherent and consistent form.

Karl, I tweeted soon after your presentation at EmacsConf 2021 that
although my use of org relies on much more than just the simple markup
(I use babel and citations extensively), the idea of a standard for the
markup was welcome.  Do not give up.  Okay, the name might be
contentious... ;-)

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.1-231-g6766c4 in Emacs 29.0.50
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096