Re: org-element-cache warning even when off

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-element-cache warning even when off
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 18:22:43 +0800

Colin Baxter 😺 <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> I do not have an org-persist cache present. So I wonder where is the
> cache that I am supposedly corrupting.

That warning is shown when org-element--parse-to throws an error (the
parser fails). Apparently, there is some problem with Org parser.

> Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Cache corruption detected in
> todo.habits.org::539. Resetting.

Can you try to copy the file text around 539 buffer point into separate
Org file and check if you are seeing this kind of error there?

>  The error was: (error "Not an Org time string: <2021-12-0 Fri .+1d")

May it happen that the text near 539 buffer point looks like "CLOCK:
[2021-10-22 Fri 10:41]--[2021]"? If so, the error may be related to
https://orgmode.org/list/87v90j2gq4.fsf@localhost

P.S. I updated the warning text on main.

Best,
Ihor