Re: quotation marks in table cell vs. org-babel-ref-resolve

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: quotation marks in table cell vs. org-babel-ref-resolve
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 06:16:04 +0300

hi, Tim,

> The key question is what is the use case for having this 'mixed' content
> in a table cell?

in my case, i am putting RFC822('ish) e-mail addresses in a column of an
org-mode table.  and, i want to extract them.
----
| oxymoron@example.com                      |
| Greg Oxymoron <oxymoron@example.com>      |
| "Greg G. Oxymoron" <oxymoron@example.com> |
----
for the third row returns =Greg G. Oxymoron=, rather than my desired
="Greg G. Oxymoron" <oxymoron@example.com>=.

by the way, do you know the use case for the current behavior for
strings that start with a ="=?  i couldn't find anything in the manual.

i wonder if maybe the existing parameter =inhibit-lisp-eval= (which, in
the path i am exercising, is non-nil) could also be used to not do the
check for a ="=?  (maybe that's also a hack, but i think it would solve
my problem. :)

cheers, Greg