Re: [BUG] C-c C-* causes "org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modifi

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] C-c C-* causes "org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modifications detected."
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 13:56:42 +0800

> ---- >8 ----
> * A
> ---- 8< ----
>
> C-c C-* while cursor is at the end of second line

Thanks! I was able to reproduce. And it is bad news.

>   Current command: (nil 26 30)
>   Chars modified: 26
>   Buffer modified: 30

This has the same footprint with
(let ((inhibit-modification-hooks t))
     (insert "* This is going to break the cache\n"))

So, I pushed a change that suppresses the warning completely for
Emacs <28 and silently resets the cache. I see no other way around it.

Fortunately, all the problems you reported in this thread do not happen
in newer Emacs versions.

Best,
Ihor