Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration ::

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration :: an afterthought following Karl Voit's Orgdown proposal
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 09:16:04 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> The website title is "Org mode for Emacs", repelling users who _do
>    not want_ to use Org inside Emacs. Maybe we can do better? Something
>    with less accent on Emacs like "Org mode: your life in plain text"

I am not at all in favor of separating the 'Org Mode' name from 'GNU Emacs'.
In any case, regardless of my opinion, I see here two problems:

1. "Org mode: your life in plain text". The word "mode" remains orphan:
mode of what? It is clear that it is an Emacs mode, therefore it doesn't
make much sense to hide Emacs and then suggest it.

2. One possibility: "Org: your life in plain text". But here what
remains orphaned is "Org", too generic name. Unless "Org Mode" is a
lexicalized construct, without reference to any emacs mode.

(In any case, I would be extremely saddened if the reference to GNU Emacs
disappears in the title, just to please a minority).

Best regards,

Juan Manuel