Re: Org-syntax: Intra-word markup

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: Org-syntax: Intra-word markup
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 18:39:55 -0700

i think i can't add much useful to these threads, i agree with the
simplicity, but, a nuance, want for org to have had a bit more
consistency growing up.  e.g. quoting/escaping, demarcation, and
applicability of features in different contexts.

sort of a "mentally factored user interface" where the user's
expectation is pretty straightforwardly met.  e.g. works here so
should also work there.  or, there is only one rule for doing this.
that kind of thing.  orthogonality also.  few exceptions.

it is understandable in context that inconsistencies exist, and that
might apply to various maintenance-over-heavy things users want.

if we are to remove features as suggested below, then i suggest, where
possible, consistency be a desideratum for final result.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com