Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration ::

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration :: an afterthought following Karl Voit's Orgdown proposal
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 14:02:27 +0800

Hi Juan,

> I think that I cannot agree more with this. Org Mode is GNU Emacs, and
> the magic of Org Mode is the magic of GNU Emacs. That’s why I insist
> that going to Org means going to Emacs.

I don’t think Ihor is suggesting we stop indicating that org-mode is part of
Emacs. I think there’s been a fair bit of misinterpretation in this thread.
Let’s treat the proposal as what it is. Namely:
⁃ Indicating that Org as a concept has spread beyond Emacs (it has, look at the
  number of tools as extensions for it)
⁃ Perhaps use some of the tools that people have developed to provide a
  no-install in browser demo of some of the functionality
⁃ Improve our technical documentation and testing
⁃ Let people know what to expect from other tools/extensions that offer “Org
support”

That’s it.

All the best,
Timothy