Handling conversion of fields with spaces to tables

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Handling conversion of fields with spaces to tables
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 15:19:25 +0100

Hi,

I have a script which I call on a remote server which produces
pipe-separated data like:

  marie|Curie|123
  louis|De Broglie|456

However, when I output this to an org table, the field with a space gets
split into two cells in the result.

The same effect can be seen with the following:

  #+BEGIN_SRC sh
  echo "marie|Curie|123"
  echo "louis|De Broglie|456"
  #+END_SRC

  #+RESULTS:
  | marie | Curie |     123 |     |
  | louis | De    | Broglie | 456 |

What's the best way of dealing with this situation?

Cheers,

Loris

Emacs 26.1, Org 9.4.6