Re: [BUG] make test is extremely slow since b3cc2f793 [9.5.1 (9.5.1-g984

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] make test is extremely slow since b3cc2f793 [9.5.1 (9.5.1-g984367 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 22:43:31 +0800

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> FWIW, the tests runs in about the same time for me.
>
> Running 1 tests (2021-12-06 08:59:31-0500, selector
> ‘"^test-org-cite/adjust-note"’)
>    passed  1/1  test-org-cite/adjust-note (1.333928 sec)
>
> I just rebuild Org from main branch and I am on emacs-28 branch built last
> Friday:

Thanks for providing the extra data point. I did more research on my
system and figured that the latest problem on my side is by bad. I was
playing with data structure used to store org-element-cache and the
slowdown was a side effect of breaking change in org-persist format
(elisp reader did extremely poorly with the new datastructure).

I confirm that the slowness is resolved on clean system.

Best,
Ihor