Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration ::

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration :: an afterthought following Karl Voit's Orgdown proposal
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 20:41:38 +0100

Hi,

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:

> The fact is that e.g. Github already provides support for Org markup.
> They do it for their own profit and we cannot stop them. If we have a
> controlled criteria about quality of third-party Org mode support, there
> will be means to interfere with non-free software attempting to makes
> profits out of Org mode. For example, if Github do not integrate our
> recommended test suite (with all the legal consequences defined in
> GPLv3), we will be able to have a list of third-party tools and, among
> free alternatives, mention that Github support for Org is not verified
> and most likely not consistent with other _free_ tools. We cannot do it
> now.

This is the main reason why I came up with the concept of Orgdown
levels in the first place. Tools may choose their featureset
independently and Orgdown assessments show the users the amount of
features they can get.

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/