Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration ::

From: Vincent Breton
Subject: Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration :: an afterthought following Karl Voit's Orgdown proposal
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 12:08:09 +0100

Hi,

Org mode needs to have his pdf  documentation on the official web page
of documentation :  https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/org.html

How much time for example to copy  http://www.presentiel.com/org/org.pdf
file  on the official web site for gnu documentation, or if you prefer
to generate it again using sources?

In my opinion the link
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/index.html is
not appropriate and must be changed to
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/emacs.html in the web
documentation page of Emacs. People must have the choice to choose
easily the format of files to read when possible and not be forced to be
oriented with or forced to use HTML format

Design web site  musn't reduce the access of documentation of products
to different formats. A direct link to manuals to differents formats
must be provided and others formats musn't be neglated, more
particularly when tools integrates sources and options to generate them.

Yes, separate site is good but it don't forget a easy and direct link to
the official doc to different formats...

Vincent