Re: org-tag-persistent-alist AND per-file dynamic tags

From: Victor A. Stoichita
Subject: Re: org-tag-persistent-alist AND per-file dynamic tags
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 20:35:05 +0100

Hi Chris,

Le 29 Nov 2021, chris <inkbottle007@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I use footnote 53 from https://orgmode.org/manual/Setting-Tags.html[1].
> I put my tags in `tags-file.org`, using `#+TAGS:`.
> I've put the next two lines in `init.el`.
>
> (setq org-agenda-files (list "~/path-to/tags-file.org")
>          org-complete-tags-always-offer-all-agenda-tags t)
>
> And I have completion on both the tags in `tags-file.org` and tags in
> the current buffer. I don't use `org-tag-alist`, so the comments made
> in https://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/ 69369#comment111307_69369[2],
> would not apply.

That’s great! It’s exactly what I needed. I’ll just switch my persistent
tags from org-tag-alist to an agenda file. This is also neater as it
will get them out of my init files, where I didn’t feel that they
really belonged.

> I use a script to collect the tags, based on Kitchin's
> https://stackoverflow.com/a/27527252[3], and help from `#emacs`.
> […]
> The tags are sorted by frequency, which is not necessary
> here, but it's really nice.
> […]

Thanks for this as well! It’s nice to have it. For the moment, I curate
manually these "persistent" tags, because i want to have them grouped
hierarchically. But knowing how to collect them automatically might be
useful for me as well in the future!

Cheers,
Victor