Re: Patch to align baseline of latex fragments and surrounding text

From: Sébastien Miquel
Subject: Re: Patch to align baseline of latex fragments and surrounding text
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 20:59:30 +0000

Hi,

Matt Huszagh writes:
I feel that maybe it would be useful to attach screenshots to show the
improvement from this patch? Anyway, I've attached two images: one with
the correct baseline alignment to surrounding text and the other with
the current, incorrect, baseline alignment.

I think a lot of people would like this functionality. It looks much
better than the current behavior.
This looks great indeed but I've failed to reproduce in my
environment.

I couldn't get ~org--match-text-baseline-ascent~ to compute the
ascent : the ~xml-get-attribute~ call returns
 : ("-16.945024" "12.153473" "16.148855" "8.064997")
which gives an ascent < -100, and the code then defaults to 'center.

The options described in your =my-dvisvgm= seem outdated, you can
check the latest default value of =dvisvgm= : =use-xcolor= is
deprecated and a =:image-size-adjust= property is provided for the
images to be sized properly. Are the arguments =--no-fonts= and
=--exact-bbox= necessary ?

If there are no drawbacks, perhaps this behaviour should be the
default. Otherwise, it should at least be easier to toggle.

Can something similar be done with =dvipng= ?

Regards,

--
Sébastien Miquel