format/fill of text in a cell in tables

From: George Michaelson
Subject: format/fill of text in a cell in tables
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 15:16:22 +1000

Thank you for the continuing support for Org mode. I really appreciate
the work done.

I would love to understand why there is no built-in 'fill/wrap'
function for text in a cell, inside an org mode table.

Given how this is a layout mechanism, and heads to M-x ox-<exportform>
outcomes, it would be useful to recognize the output is often table
edit states which do respect fill/wrap/center

(If this is documented or I missed how it can be done, apologies. My
reading strongly suggests its in extensions, and not really supported
in the model)

-George