bug#52545: 29.0.50; Make org-babel-execute-buffer ignore irrelevant src

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: bug#52545: 29.0.50; Make org-babel-execute-buffer ignore irrelevant src blocks
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 17:49:06 +0800

"Berry, Charles" <ccberry@health.ucsd.edu> writes:

> If I have a typo in the name of a language, the error message you quote tells
> me what my mistake was.
>
> I'd say that is a feature, not a bug.

Agree. However, some languages simply do not define babel execute
function. The error is same regardless whether a language backend is not
available/not loaded or the backend is loaded, but does not provide
babel execute function.

Maybe we can provide a custom list of languages where we do not throw
the error? If a language is in the list and there is no babel execute
function, we can simply ignore the source block. If a language is in the
list, but there is babel execute function, we throw another error.

Though I am not a big fan of introducing yet another customisation.
Maybe someone has better ideas?

Best,
Ihor