Re: [BUG] adjacent italic and underline don't render correctly [9.5.1 (9

From: Robert Nikander
Subject: Re: [BUG] adjacent italic and underline don't render correctly [9.5.1 (9.5.1-g36086a @ /Users/rob/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.5.1/)]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 10:38:20 -0500

Thank you for checking. I tried to reinstall the package, but it did not help, and it caused another problem where I could not quit emacs.

Details… I ran M-x list-packages, found and deleted my org package, quit emacs. Restarted emacs and I saw I had the builtin org (lower version: 9.4.4) and the bug I reported is gone. I tried reinstalling the 9.5.1 org package (after restarting emacs), and it installed, and then I couldn’t quit emacs without killing it. If I ran my usual quit command (save-buffers-kill-terminal) or tried to quit from the macOS menu, I got this message:

org-clock-kill-emacs-query: Symbol’s function definition is void: org-clocking-buffer

Also the bug I reported is back.

Maybe I’ll just stick with the builtin org package 9.4.4.

Am I supposed to somehow delete the builtin one when I install 9.5.1? Here is what the buffer looks like when I hit enter on the installed 9.5.1 package:

— begin paste —
Package org is installed.

     Author: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Other versions: 9.5.1 (gnu), 9.4.4 (builtin).
— end paste ---

Rob