Re: caption width in LateX export

From: Seb
Subject: Re: caption width in LateX export
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 09:59:04 -0600

On Tue, 28 Dec 2021 14:58:35 +0000,
Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Sunday, 26 Dec 2021 at 19:22, Seb wrote:
>> Using a special block, as in:

> [...]

>> fails, as it seems impossible to pass arguments to the special block.

> Not true.  The following seems to create the LaTeX code you wanted:

> #+attr_latex: :options {0.7\textwidth} #+begin_minipage

> #+CAPTION: looooooong caption.  [[file_path]]

> #+end_minipage

That is strange, as it actually should not work (it still doesn't for me
with your code).  However, I had made a mistake in my original post as I
meant to have the minipage environment inside the floating figure
environment in the output, as in:

---<--------------------cut here---------------start------------------->---
\begin{figure}[htbp]
  \centering
  \begin{minipage}{0.5\textwidth}
    \includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{FILE_PATH}
    \caption{\label{ORG_LABEL}Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer
      adipiscing elit.}
  \end{minipage}
\end{figure}

which does compile fine.  Apologies for the confusion this may have
caused.

The previous post by Juan Manuel did provide a neat solution, which I'll
be tweaking to implement this as I never need captions running across
the whole page for figures using much less.

--
Seb