Re: [BUG] org-cite-insert does not like @conference [9.5.2 (release_9.5.

From: András Simonyi
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-cite-insert does not like @conference [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2 @ ~/.emacs.d/git/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 17:23:46 +0100

Dear All,

On Sat, 1 Jan 2022 at 14:53, Julien Chastang
<julien.c.chastang@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been experimenting with org-cite. I noticed that I can insert
> (org-cite-insert) all bibtex types *except* for @conference. [...]
> yet I believe @conference is a valid bibtex type. I noticed that
> org-bibtex-types has an empty description for the conference type, but I
> don't know if that has anything to do with it. I hope I have not missed
> anything obvious.

it seems that 'conference' is indeed a valid BibTeX entry type, but is
only an alias of 'inproceedings' and was included for some (nowadays
obscure?) compatibility reasons, while biblatex doesn't support it at
all.
Consequently, you can simply use 'inproceedings' instead. If this is
not an option, then you can force org-cite to parse a bibliography as
a (strict) BibTeX bibliography instead of the default biblatex parsing
by using the 'bibtex' extension in the file's name, this should cause
'conference' entries to be treated as valid.

best wishes,
András