Re: [patch] improved: add TTL as defcustom to ox-icalendar

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [patch] improved: add TTL as defcustom to ox-icalendar
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 18:23:43 +0700

On 03/01/2022 14:41, Detlef Steuer wrote:

The patch in principle is unrelated to nextcloud. That's just my
use case. The addiditional TTL setting gives a hint to clients
when to reload an imported ics file that was exported from org.

I think, it is better to wait for comments from an ox-icalendar user. I am afraid, you will be tired trying to convince me that TTL should be overridden for all users (not to say that I am not a maintainer). I assume that some of them might have reasonable default in their server configuration.

Is there any document how to setup an org-mode developer environment?
Normally I use git, but I even struggled to use org from elpa instead
of the built-in version, so I avoided touching this house of cards :-)

- info "(org) Installation" https://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html
- info "(org) Feedback" https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html

After "make autoloads" I usually run
    emacs -Q -L ~/src/org-mode/lisp test.org

In addition, I have a LXC container to run tests (and check for compile warnings) in an isolated environment.

Probably I should use a git clone instead of elpa, if I want to work
on org?

Maintainers prefer patches generated using "git format-patch".

https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html for some hints addressed
to contributors.

I am not completely sure, but you patch may exceed "TINYCHANGE" limit, so signing FSF copyright papers may be a prerequisite to accept your patch.