Re: Question Regarding Creating Workflow For Automatic Formulas For Fina

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Question Regarding Creating Workflow For Automatic Formulas For Finance Based Org Spreadsheet
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:35:32 +0000

I would suggest the following:

|------------+-----------------------------------------------------+---+----------|
| 01/03/2022 | Example Rent Expense                                |   |
-1061.67 |
| 01/04/2022 | Example Food Expense                                |   |
-1061.67 |
|------------+-----------------------------------------------------+---+----------|
|            | January expenses                                    | 0 |
-2123.34 |
|------------+-----------------------------------------------------+---+----------|
| 02/05/2022 | Example Utility Expense                             |   |
-2061.67 |
| 02/06/2022 | Example Random Expense                              |   |
-2061.67 |
|------------+-----------------------------------------------------+---+----------|
|            | February expenses                                   | 0 |
-4123.34 |
|------------+-----------------------------------------------------+---+----------|
#+TBLFM:
@3$3=vsum(@-I..@-II)::@3$4=vsum(@-I..@-II)::@6$3=vsum(@-I..@-II)::@6$4=vsum(@-I..@-II)

where each month is collated separately; all you have to do is append
each month to the table, add some horizontal lines and copy the formulas
modifying the row number.

But I also would highly recommend ledger which is what I use for my
accounting and which integrates very nicely with org using babel.
Ledger supports converting CSV files from banks into a ledger file
(section 7.2.1 of the ledger info manual).

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.2-293-gb8656a in Emacs 29.0.50
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096