Re: [BUG] Prefer lowercase #+results [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-3-geb9f34 @ /

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: [BUG] Prefer lowercase #+results [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-3-geb9f34 @ /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 23:15:46 +0800

Hi Ihor,

> For some more context, other functions are not really consistent about
> uppercase/lowercase:
> - `org-insert-structure-template' lowercase
> - `org-insert-drawer' uppercase
> - `org-insert-property-drawer' uppercase
> - `org-babel-exp-code-template' defaults to uppercase
> - `org-clock-find-position' defaults to uppercase :END:
> - `org-feed-write-status' defaults to uppercase
> - `org-inlinetask-insert-task' defaults to uppercase
> - `org-mobile-write-agenda-for-mobile' defaults to uppercase
> - `org-babel-examplify-region' lowercase

Ok, I thought we were much closer to consistency than we seem to be. In that
case, I don’t see much point in /just/ changing #+results.

> So, unless there is overwhelming support for changing uppercase
> defaults into lowercase and a thorough patch, I am inclined towards
> preserving the existing behaviour.

I do think it would be nice if we went one way or the other (and from previous
discussion, lower case looks like the direction we’d go in), but it would have
to be across the board.

> Changing just RESULTS keyword provides no benefit to making things
> consistent.

Yep.

All the best,
Timothy