puzzled about :fit for LaTeX src block

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: puzzled about :fit for LaTeX src block
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 13:08:39 +0000

I hope somebody here on this list can help me solve a puzzling
situation.

I have a LaTeX src block which creates an image using tikz.  In a book
I'm writing, the image, when created as a png, does not get shrunk but
is instead a full page (with the actual diagram in the top left corner).
If I create a PDF, instead, it works fine.

I have extracted this src block into a minimal file (attached).  For
that file, the image creation works fine whether I create a png or a
PDF.

I have gone through the settings in the book file but cannot find
anything that would affect this behaviour.

I am hoping somebody can suggest what it might be that makes the png
image not be shrunk!

Both emacs and org from git as of this morning.

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.2-298-g1f48d2 in Emacs 29.0.50