Re: [BUG] Prefer lowercase #+results [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-3-geb9f34 @ /

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: [BUG] Prefer lowercase #+results [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-3-geb9f34 @ /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 12:27:41 +0800

Hi Ihor,

>> Hmm. Upon inspection I see that some uses of `org-babel-results-keyword’ are
>> indeed case-sensitive. This comes as a surprise to me, as I thought that
>> /all/
>> keywords were parsed in a case-insensitive manner.
>>
>> Is there a good reason for this?
>
> Could you elaborate on this? It should not be case-sensitive, AFAIK.

I had a quick glance earlier. Having another look, I misread the code (I thought
I saw `(case-fold-search nil)' but it’s actually `(case-fold-search t)').

So, the two uses of `org-babel-results-keyword' are
`org-babel-find-named-result'
and `org-babel--insert-results-keyword'.

`org-babel--insert-results-keyword' just inserts `org-babel-results-keyword'
verbatim. `org-babel-find-named-result' searches for it with `(case-fold-search
t)'.

All the best,
Timothy