should a "wrapped" table result behave differently than one that is not?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: should a "wrapped" table result behave differently than one that is not?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 17:05:37 +0000

Dear all,

Should the export of a table that is the result of a code block and has
been wrapped in a RESULTS special block be different than one that is
not wrapped (beyond the wrapping, of course)?  Specifically, wrapping
the results seems to cause org to ignore that ATTR_LATEX :center toggle
[1].  A minimal example, both org and resulting LaTeX, attached.

I guess it makes sense in that the attr line will probably be applied to
the results special block.  I am not sure how to get around this.
Suggestions very welcome indeed!  I do need to wrap the results in a
block of some type so I can control the formatting in the resulting PDF
export but I do not want the table centred necessarily [2].

Thank you,
eric

Footnotes:
[1] describing this as a toggle (in the info manual) does not really
     make much sense to me as it implies a known initial state which is
     not specified in the manual.  I would prefer to have to say
     ":center no" (or nil) which then allows for ":center t"...?

[2] centring should happen by request, not by default, in my opinion, as
     it is trivial to enclose a table in a centring environment
     explicitly but difficult to remove otherwise.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.2-306-g9623da in Emacs 29.0.50