Re: Second Ctl in keychord not detected

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Second Ctl in keychord not detected
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:04:29 +0100

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 01:08:10PM +0100, Loris Bennett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is not really an Org question but an Emacs or possibly tmux
> problem.  However, the problem manifests itself in an Org context.

I guess this is tmux. It behaves more or less like an oldskool terminal,
where C-<key> is transferred as the ASCII code with bit 7 masked out.
This would mean only C-@ (mapped to ASCII 0, which might have its own...
interesting issues) through a few chars after CTRL-Z do make sense in
this context.

This "protocol" can't even express things like CTRL-. or CTRL-, -- that
luxury is reserved to more GUI-ish environments :-)

(NOTE: just a guess, I haven't direct experience with tmux).

Cheers