Re: Exporting Org file to Html with collapsable headings

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Exporting Org file to Html with collapsable headings
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 12:23:33 +0000

ZIPING CHEN writes:

> I am working on a large org file with exceptional number of
> subheadings. For example, I may have org headings inside headings up
> to 20 or 30 layers deep.
>
> I may have many things like this in the middle of the file.
> ************************** a new heading.
>
> When I export the file to html, I like to export in such a way that
> the org headings become collapsable headline in html (toggle switch).
> I spend some time search the web, and find a theme called bigblow
> which does something close to what I want, but not exactly. It provide
> limited layer of toggle switch only. I wish to turn all layers of
> headings in org file into collapsable headline to html.
>
> Does anybody know a way I can accomplish this?

I think that you need to add javascript and enclose the collapsible
content in a div. If you google for 'html collapsible sections' there is
quite a bit of information on how to achieve this from the html side.
Here, for example:

https://levelup.gitconnected.com/collapsible-sections-with-or-without-javascript-3fd871955a9d

On the other hand, although not exactly related to what you are looking
for, you may be interested in taking a look at 'organize'. I have not
tried it, and as far as i know, it has its limitations:

https://github.com/200ok-ch/organice

Best regards,

Juan Manuel