Re: Poor org-babel-tangle-file performance with more than 100 trivial no

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Poor org-babel-tangle-file performance with more than 100 trivial noweb-references
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:25:18 +0800

Sébastien Miquel <sebastien.miquel@posteo.eu> writes:

> pareto optimal writes:
>> Using =emacs -Q= to tangle org files with more than over 100
>> noweb-refs gets slow fast.
> I can reproduce the slow down with my config. The culprit is
> ~org-element--cache-verify-element~. Significantly decreasing
> =org-element--cache-self-verify-frequency= yields a 5x speedup.

Even with verification, we already have 10x speed improvement. I do not
recommend decreasing verification frequency. Not until we make sure that
there are no more lurking cache bugs on main. You might do it in your
personal config, but please be careful and make sure that you have
backups/version control your Org files.

Best,
Ihor