Re: [RFC] Creole-style / Support for **emphasis**__within__**a word**

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [RFC] Creole-style / Support for **emphasis**__within__**a word**
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 17:30:27 +0000

Hi Vincent,

Vincent Belaïche writes:

> My conlcusion is that for what I am after, an evolution of org-mode
> would be preferable, maybe I contribute something someday, so that
> writing one of the following would make it:
>
>    ~--my-option=~\relax{}/option value/
>    ~--my-option=~@@:@@/option value/
>    \left~--my-option=\right~/option value/
>    \left~--my-option=\right~\left/option value\right/
>    ~--my-option=~\left/option value\right/

Considering that Org's emphasis marks are not compromised by contact
with a single quote, I come up with this somewhat dirty solution: you
can use some kind of dummy mark (e.g. two single quotes: '') and put it
between the two emphasis parts. It would then be removed by a filter.
Something like this:

#+BIND: org-export-filter-final-output-functions (my-filter)

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports results :results none
  (defun my-filter (text backend info)
    (replace-regexp-in-string "''" "" text))
#+end_src

~some-cli-option=~''/some cli argument/

== LaTeX ==>

\texttt{some-cli-option=}\emph{some cli argument}

The solution is tricky and temporary, but at least it's not as
text-invasive as other options.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel