Re: [BUG] org-protocol-store-link does not account for argument type

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-protocol-store-link does not account for argument type
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 19:21:49 +0700

On 28/01/2022 01:15, Thuna wrote:

See the last paragraph of the docstring:

FNAME should be a property list.  If not, an old-style link of the
form URL/TITLE can also be used."

You pass a string for *new* URI style.

I see, it seems I have misunderstood the documentation then.  My
apologies for the inconvenience.

I think, you have missed an opportunity to get a suggestion concerning you actual problem. You original report and the response were so brief that it is impossible to guess the context of the question and your goal.

Code org-protocol has enough hacks and the functions unlikely should be called from outside. Defining new subprotocol is likely the only case when it is necessary to understand arguments of functions. I suspect a function appropriate for your purpose is defined somewhere else.