Re: cut and paste not working after xdg-open "org-protocol://store-link?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: cut and paste not working after xdg-open "org-protocol://store-link?url=URL&title=TITLE"
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:36:01 +0800

chris <inkbottle007@gmail.com> writes:

> 3- if you do `C-y` you can see the URL is in the kill-ring
> But obviously there is no reason for this URL to be also in the Wayland (or
> x11) clipboard? (there is no law of nature saying that what is in emacs kill-
> ring must necessarily also be in wayland clipboard. I think there is a law of
> nature for the other way around though)
> In any case, in the case of Kde/Kwin/Wayland, it is not copied in the Wayland
> clipboard.
> Maybe it's in the description of org-protocol/store-link that the URL should
> be copied in emacs kill-ring, in any case, it is.
> But no it doesn't show in the kde/wayland clipboard (and why would it).

I am not 100% sure if I understand your message clearly. However, just
letting you know about existence of the following Emacs customisations:

save-interprogram-paste-before-kill:
        Whether to save existing clipboard text into kill ring before replacing
it.
select-enable-primary:
        Non-nil means cutting and pasting uses the primary selection.

Best,
Ihor