Re: [BUG] ob-tangle overrides user customization of org-id-link-to-org-u

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] ob-tangle overrides user customization of org-id-link-to-org-use-id [9.5.2 (9.5.2-gfbff08 @ /home/ionasal/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.5.2/)]
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 16:56:05 +0800

Allen Li <darkfeline@felesatra.moe> writes:

>> If someone is willing to check all the occurrences of
>> (defvar +[^ ]+ +nil) and remove nil values where we merely put a defvar
>> to silence byte-compiler, please do it.
>
> My initial request was just to fix this one instance that is actively
> troubling me.  If there are any other known cases of defvar, they should
> also be fixed.  If not, then let's wait until someone identifies them.
>
> If any maintainers reading this could fix this one defvar, that'd be
> great.

I just pushed the fix onto bugfix as dd6486a07.
Most of the occurrences of (defvar foo nil) in Org are just actual
variable definitions without docstring (which is not good, but not an
error).

Also, I only skimmed through org-agenda.el. I am afraid to touch that
monster even though most of such defvars are in org-agenda.el

Best,
Ihor