Re: [BUG] (Doom) Consistently seeing "org-element--cache" problems [9.6

From: David Conner
Subject: Re: [BUG] (Doom) Consistently seeing "org-element--cache" problems [9.6 (9.6-??-0c9b30e @ /home/dc/.emacs.doom/.local/straight/build-28.0.90/org/)]
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 11:12:41 -0500

K, my emacs is >28 and locked to the https://GitHub.com/flatwhatson/guide-channel for the pure-gtk emacs build.

I am working on some other things at the moment. I should be able to create a guix environment to test these issues and get around the need to have pGTK. It may be in a terminal eMacs though. Is that okay?

Also, to test, do I simply run the script that was attached on a vanilla emacs session? Should this ensure equivalence in the org session?

2022年1月29日(土) 午前10:41 Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>:
David Conner <aionfork@gmail.com> writes:

> Subject: [BUG] (Doom) Consistently seeing "org-element--cache" problems [9.6
>  (9.6-??-0c9b30e @

Thanks for the report!

> I was shuffling around the headlines in a newly created org file. The
> error message showed up when I demoted the last headlines under the
> "Notes" headline.
>
> Here is the org content:

I am unable to reproduce any kind of cache problem using your file on
latest main.

Note that you are running 2 month old Org mode. Could you try to update
to latest main and check again? If you keep seeing "org-element--cache"
warning messages, please also report the warning text.

> I have also had issues with detangling recently, where it reports that
> it is "not in a babel block", but is searching between completely
> arbitrary characters for the current block. In my literate .doom.d
> config.el & config.org, this always occurs at the same block. I'm unsure
> whether this is related.

I might be related to corrupted cache. If you keep seeing this after the
update, please also try to run M-x org-element-cache-reset and let us
know if it fixes the detangle problem.

Best,
Ihor