Re: Org for non-users, part 2: `C-c C-e', a.k.a. `org-export-dispatch'

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Org for non-users, part 2: `C-c C-e', a.k.a. `org-export-dispatch'
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 16:27:46 -0300

On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 at 10:55, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
>   What are the recommended ways to abort org-export-dispatch without
>   letting it destroy the "*Org Export Dispatcher*" window and its
>   buffer?

You cannot. That window acts similarly to transient, but simpler. You
can think of *Org Export Disipatcher* as an extended help for
read-char-exclusive.

Best,
Ihor

 Hi Ihor,

What do you mean by "you cannot"?
I was expecting an answer like this:

  That's difficult to do, but the temporary buffer is generated by the
  function `org-foo-bar'... you can try to make a copy of
  `org-foo-bar' called `org-foo-bar-hacked-version', add your own
  debugging functions to that copy - suggestion: the lines 42 and 99
  are good places for that - and then you can change the function
  `org-plic-ploc', that is called by `org-export-dispatch', to make it
  call `org-foo-bar-hacked-version' instead of `org-foo-bar'...

One possible meaning of "you cannot" is:

  Org is NOT MEANT to be explored in that way, and this "is not meant
  to" is in a very strong sense. The last time that a person gave
  technical information of that kind in the mailing list was 4 or 5
  years ago, and we banished her from the community and excommunicated
  her. Her name shall not be mentioned.

Frustrated cheers =(,
  Eduardo Ochs
  http://angg.twu.net/#eev