Re: Unable to get current or via use-package

From: João Pedro de Amorim Paula
Subject: Re: Unable to get current or via use-package
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 17:57:00 -0300

On 09 February 2022 16:51, "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Thanks, that did the trick.  I was hoping that when I use the same
> init.el on a different machine I wouldn't have to remember anything and
> use-package would automatically install the latest version.  Seemingly
> not :-/

I had a similar issue in the recent past and was able to come up with a
solution using the built-in package.el. Not sure how to make it work
with use-package, but that at least seems to solve the issue of it not
installing the ELPA version.

Not really sure if the version installed is the one that Emacs actually
uses, though, I am on Emacs 28.0.91 and all of the built-in packages I
have are the same version as their ELPA counterpart, so Emacs seems to be
prioritizing the built-in version. It could be that this is only the
case because they're both the same version; and seem as I'm traveling
ATM I couldn't test it against Emacs 27, so it would be great if you
could check it.

Cheers,

--
João Pedro de Amorim Paula
IT undergraduate at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)