[BUG] Child's visibility property is overridden by parent's [9.5.2 (9.5.

From: John Mathena
Subject: [BUG] Child's visibility property is overridden by parent's [9.5.2 (9.5.2-gbc8c3e @ /home/john/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 09:23:49 -0600

It seems like the visibility property on a parent heading overrides
the visibility property on a child heading - is this expected? e.g.
when I have the raw text:

* Foo
:PROPERTIES:
:VISIBILITY: content
:END:
** Bar
:PROPERTIES:
:VISIBILITY: folded
:END:
*** Baz

... I would expect (and would like) to see

* Foo...
 * Bar...

that is, where Foo shows only the content below it, and Bar has all of
its children folded. Instead, I get

* Foo...
 * Bar...
  * Baz...

i.e., behavior like if Foo and Bar both "had their visibility" set to
"content" (I'm aware that's not how the internals work but I'm not
sure how else to articulate what I mean). Is there a way to prevent
this and get the behavior I'd expect?

This behavior was reproduced with straight.el on Org mode version
9.5.2 (9.5.2-gbc8c3e @ /home/john/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/, GNU
Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.27, cairo
version 1.17.4) of 2021-03-26, with org-startup-folded set to nil
(without which the visibility properties don't take effect).

Best,

John