Re: LaTeX letters in Org

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: LaTeX letters in Org
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 16:14:47 +0100

Michael Eliachevitch <m.eliachevitch@posteo.de> writes:

> For this kind of short writing I'm always wondering whether doing it
> in org-mode is really worth it. I see a trade-of between the
> convenience of org-markup (e.g. emphasis markers, itemize lists,
> links, …), and the inconvience of adding literal latex to org-mode,
> which is just a bit more cumbersome than doing so in an actual latex
> file with a latex major mode*. Especiall since you don't use headers

For my website I added some custom commands so I can use M-x
draketo-software to start an article with a template.

Alternatively add a capture-template that creates a letter. Then M-x
org-capture L (or such) would create a new letter prefilled with
everything you typically need.

Best wishes,
Arne
--