Re: Communication problems and possible problems with the website

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Communication problems and possible problems with the website
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:12:19 +0100

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 12:38:24PM +0000, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
> Am 25.02.2022 13:25 schrieb Russell Adams:
> > On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 11:29:38AM +0000, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
> >> This site does not make clear how to submit bug reports. It even does
>
> I was looking here: https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html
> Especially the section "Ways to contribute" -> "Ways that do not involve
> programming" -> "Send bug reports"
> There is not described _how_ to do this. That is the point.

This may just be an unfortunate lack of alignment between the
community Worg and the main site. Again, on the main site there is a
prominent Contribute button and it shows how to send a report.

We're open to suggestions how to make them integrate better.

>  From my point of view this is unusual to. But this just should made
> clear to the users. I wasted time searching the repo. Just write
> "The repo is not publicly available". ;) Because orgmode is FOSS
> everyone (new to it) would expect a source repo.

I expect the software product to have a repo. I don't always expect a
repo for their public facing site. Some sites don't use source tools
to publish, and their public facing site will be access controlled to
prevent defacement.

On the other hand, Org does have a repo and Ihor appears to be
requesting TEC to add a link to the page.