Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Gith

From: Michael Powe
Subject: Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Github (was: Communication problems and possible problems with the website)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 10:38:35 -0500

Hello,

There's an old joke, that C allows you to blow your own foot off, and C++ allows you to blow off the whole leg. The FSF is like the C++ of the free software world. Whatever your feelings about PayPal - I avoid it like plague - it's ubiquitous in the web world of donations. In fact, you can find it on https://my.fsf.org/donate. All, or nearly all, packages that I use in Emacs are hosted on GitHub. Oh my, what's this? https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs! Say it isn't so!

Years ago, the Debian team started a huge dust-up by threatening to exclude GCC documentation from its distribution because its license wasn't "free enough." Let's not drive down that road.

We didn't make this world, but we live in it.

Thanks.

mp