Re: [BUG] Prompted to submit (unsure what happened) [9.5.2 (9.5.2-g07252

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Prompted to submit (unsure what happened) [9.5.2 (9.5.2-g072523 @ /Users/apc/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 15:23:55 +0800

Alejandro Pérez Carballo <apcarballo@gmail.com> writes:

> One more question: wouldn't replacing `org-in-src-block-p' with a function
> that calls `org-in-src-block-p' only when in org-mode and returns `nil'
> elsewhere suffice to make something that's like `org-in-src-block-p' but that
> will work outside org-mode? E.g.:
>
> (defun my/org-in-src-block-p (&optional arg)
>   (if (derived-mode-p 'org-mode)
>       (org-in-src-block-p)
>     nil))

>From the docstring of electric-quote-inhibit-functions, a function
returning nil will have no effect. So, you should be safe to use your
function.

A slightly more concise version would be using when instead of if.
Also, unused function arguments are defined as "_" by convention.
Adding a docstring to all your function is a good habit to cultivate.

(defun my/org-in-src-block-p (&optional _)
  "Call `org-in-src-block-p' when in `org-mode' and return nil otherwise."
  (when (derived-mode-p 'org-mode)
        (org-in-src-block-p)))

Best,
Ihor