Re: Communication problems and possible problems with the website

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Communication problems and possible problems with the website
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 10:19:56 +0100

Hi Russell,

Russell Adams <RLAdams@adamsinfoserv.com> writes:

> I'm not sure what a clear answer is here. I don't like having any
> mention of Github and non-free services myself, but I respect that we
> need to support the maintainers and that may require using common
> services.

I reckon this is often a matter of trade-off here, but as orgmode.org
is about a GNU software, following the GNU standards comes first, the
need for donations comes second.

Let me insist on this: donations come when you ask and justify the
trouble for donators, not when you display a link, whatever service
you are using.

I would even consider that teaching free software maintainers how to
effectively ask for donations is a more urgent task (but not more
important) than building a loyal donation web service.

2 cts,

--
 Bastien