Re: including one double quote in an anonymous footnote?

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: including one double quote in an anonymous footnote?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 19:20:44 +0000

Greg Minshall writes:

> Juan Manuel,
>
>> I can confirm that behavior. One possible solution is to use an entity
>> (M-x org-entities-help):
>
> thanks very much -- that does the trick for my case.

In any case, I don't know if that behavior should be considered a bug. I
say this because other constructions with an unbalanced element,
although org does not fontify them well, they are exported correctly:

this is a test[fn::(this is an inline footnote]

this is a test[fn::{this is an inline footnote]

== LaTeX ==>

this is a test\footnote{(this is an inline footnote}

this is a test\footnote{\{this is an inline footnote}

Instead, if you do <M-: (org-element-context)> on your example,
org-element-context doesn't recognize this as a footnote reference:

this is a test[fn::"this is an inline footnote]

Looking at `org-element-footnote-reference-parser', I'd say the problem
is with:

(with-syntax-table org-element--pair-square-table
                       (ignore-errors (scan-lists (point) 1 0)))

If there is an unbalanced double quote inside a bracket construction,
that expression returns nil and not the position after the final
bracket. But I don't know how to go on :-(.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel