Re: Communication problems and possible problems with the website

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: Communication problems and possible problems with the website
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 18:17:51 +0100

> Some time ago, Timothy shared an idea of creating a discourse forum at
> orgmode.org. Discourse is FOSS and provides a familiar interface +
> ability to create and tag topics. The question is integration with Org
> ML, but I am pretty sure that discourse might be much easier to start
> with for new users. WDYT?

Discourse is nice but I'm not favor of installing an instance for Org.

Beginners often ask questions on reddit.com and stackoverflow.com (and
perhaps elsewhere): perhaps some regular users of these websites could
serve as "contributors stewards", redirecting interesting bug reports,
patches or feature requests on this mailing list.

My gut feeling is that we should focus on making the mailing list more
accessible for beginners, more useful for everyone before considering
setting up another communication channel.

I have a new version for Woof! (https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/woof) that I'd
like to finalize and set up this month - let's see how this helps and
reopen this topic in three or four months?

--
 Bastien