Re: [BUG] Scheduled task shows up wrong day in agenda [9.5.2 (release_9.

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Scheduled task shows up wrong day in agenda [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-22-g33543d @ /usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 21:56:17 +0800

Jeffrey DeLeo <jeffreydeleo@gmail.com> writes:

> Save "foobar.org" and "testcase_startup.el" into a directory. Start
> emacs in that directory as "emacs -Q -l testcase_startup.el". When emacs
> comes up, hit "a" to get agenda.
>
> "foobar.org" has one task scheduled for Sunday. When I write this, it is
> Saturday. Task is displayed in agenda for Saturday.
>
> Happy to investigate myself if you have suggestions of things I can look
> at to track this down.
>
> (org-version)
> "9.5.2"
>
> (emacs-version)
> "GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20, cairo
> version 1.16.0)
>  of 2022-03-09"

I followed your steps and I got the following:

Week-agenda (W10):
Monday      7 March 2022 W10
Tuesday     8 March 2022
Wednesday   9 March 2022
Thursday   10 March 2022
Friday     11 March 2022
Saturday   12 March 2022
Sunday     13 March 2022
  foobar:     Scheduled:  TODO Something

I do not see any problem with agenda.

M-x org-version
Org mode version 9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-9-g7ba24c @
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/org/)
M-x emacs-version
GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version 1.16.0) of
2022-01-29

Can you try to update Emacs? From my experience, there are sometimes
cryptic issues in Org, which disappear as you update Emacs from more
recent master.

Best,
Ihor