Re: org-contacts.el use lexical-let not defined in cl-lib

From: Christopher M. Miles
Subject: Re: org-contacts.el use lexical-let not defined in cl-lib
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 19:36:04 +0800

Michael Eliachevitch <m.eliachevitch@posteo.de> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Dear all,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct mailinglist for org-contrib bugs. I found
> that org-contacts.el uses `lexical-let*` which is defined in `cl`, but it
> only requires `cl-lib` where it is not defined.
>
> I found this because I use `org-contacts-message-complete-function` to
> autocomplete contacts in mu4e
> and recently it started giving me errors, see this stacktrace:
>
>    Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function start)
>      start(121)
>      org-contacts-message-complete-function()
>      completion--capf-wrapper(org-contacts-message-complete-function
> all)
>      completion-at-point()
>      message-tab()
>      funcall-interactively(message-tab)
>      command-execute(message-tab)
>
> However, when I went to the source file and evaluated it (or used the
> debugger), everything worked
> fine. So it seems this error was just occurring when running over the
> compiled file (I compile to
> elc via the nativ-comp branch and with straight).
>
> I then did a search for the query and found a stackexchange post
> (https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/18727) which gave me the idea for the
> cause. Adding `(require cl)
> to the file and recompiling it fixed the error.
>
> My org version is release_9.4.5-321-ge641d3. However, I see that on the
> master branch still uses
> lexical-let*.
>
> Is this a bug or some error in my configuration? Should I send an email
> elsewhere or submit a
> bug-report? Because (require 'cl) is deprecated, test solution would be to
> replace the lexical-let*
> with something else like a normal let*, but I'm not confident enough in my
> lisp to do this by
> myself.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael Eliachevitch

Sorry for late response, I missed this thread. I checked source code for now,
It should have been
fixed now. Can you check it out? Thanks for bug reporting.

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3