Re: citations: org-cite vs org-ref 3.0

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: citations: org-cite vs org-ref 3.0
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 10:10:48 -0400

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 9:42 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For citar, why not simply using ivy-bibtex? It supports org-cite, AFAIK.
>
> Not really; or rather minimally.
>
> Ivy-bibtex supports, for example, inserting of org-cite citations, but
> not via org-cite-insert.
>
> So there are currently no org-cite processors for ivy-bibtex etc.

I think this one in
https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref-cite/blob/main/org-ref-cite-insert.el

provides an insert processor based on bibtex-completion, and that
provides ivy-bibtex actions. The commentary in this file also discusses some
challenges in relying exclusively on completing-read. My opinion of
course.

I don't think you need a special processor for ivy-bibtex. It could be
wired to insert org-cites on its own.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F