RE: [BUG] Agenda no longer works for timestamps inside properties drawer

From: Tom Davey
Subject: RE: [BUG] Agenda no longer works for timestamps inside properties drawer [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-24-g668205 @ /home/ignacio/repos/emacs/lisp/org/)]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 23:43:17 -0400

Ignacio writes:

> I've located the line in org-agenda.el responsible of the new behavior,
> and the following patch seems to fix it. I suggest it is incorporated
> into the repository, maybe with a variable org-agenda-skip-timestamps-
> in-properties-drawer defaulting to t if not everyone agrees.

I second that suggestion for the repository! Thanks very much for the patch.

I think you are correct in supposing that when Emacs 28.1 is released, many
Org users who upgrade will be mystified at the new timestamp behavior and
will spend time without success trying to figure out what changed.

Perhaps the new variable you propose,
org-agenda-skip-timestamps-in-properties-drawer, should default to nil to
preserve the historical behavior?

--
Tom Davey
tom@tomdavey.com