Re: citations: org-cite vs org-ref 3.0

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: citations: org-cite vs org-ref 3.0
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 22:21:54 +0700

On 22/03/2022 00:00, John Kitchin wrote:
"Bruce D'Arcus" writes:

Indeed, the question of how to better support cross-references in org
is an important one.

I don't really use them much, and so am still unsure if this could be
addressed with incremental improvements in existing org link support,
or if it would require more significant enhancements.

No incremental improvement is required IMO, regular links are
sufficient. org-ref has handled these with regular links from the
beginning. It even has an org-ref-refproc now for non-LaTeX exports that
has some support for things like sorting, grouping and cleveref. You can
find an example org file at
https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/blob/master/examples/refproc.org,

Interesting package. At first I thought you use keywords around links as implicit markup, but later I realized that this file is example of export, not the original source file (with different link types).

and see it in action at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRR-5NSpKyE the
video has some rough spots, but you can get the idea.

You can support all kinds of things in these links (for example, I now
support pre/post note text in the cite link paths), really anything you
want to parse out of the path.